Dear fellow members,
Hopefully you will have found my previous Bits & Bobs email of interest to try and keep us all up to date on the clubs activities. To follow up I’ve put this email together to summarise actions and event that will affect us all –
- Court resurfacing – For those that were at the AGM you will recall that there was a lot of discussion on the club finances and the realisation that funds (circa £100,000 to £150,000) will have to be raised to enable us to resurface courts 1 to 4. Over the past few weeks Steve has done a lot of work and met with contractors on a stop gap alternative – Court Rejuvenation, I am told that we have had success from this in the past and on inspection, the courts can be rejuvenated. Please visit www.replaymaintenance.co.uk for more information. We have obtained two like 4 like quotations and the committee have agreed unanimously to proceed at a cost of £10k plus VAT giving us continued play on these courts whilst we agree a fund raising programme to resurface. The plan is to have this work done in March / April, ready for next year’s playing season. When the time comes to resurface we will produce a fully detailed (available surfaces, initial and annual costs etc.) members questionnaire for members to make an informed decision on the type of surface required. At the AGM I committed to sending members a questionnaire within four weeks, however as we are proceeding with the rejuvenation project next year I will not be sending a questionnaire.
- On line indoor court booking update – Continued IT problems have moved the go live date!, we are now hoping for w/c 25/11. Closer to the go live date you will receive an email from Club spark inviting you to sign up to enable you to make bookings – please complete this as requested. Once live, all indoor bookings will be on line and this can be done from your PC or at the club reception, more details to follow.
- Christmas themed Quiz & Curry Night – Wednesday 18th December from 6pm till late. As a Christmas event hadn’t been planned and as past quiz nights had proved very popular, we have decided to hold this event as our main Christmas get together. Tickets at £8.50 for the quiz, curry and your 1st drink (soft drink, beer or wine) are going fast and due to clubhouse size these are restricted to 60, so if you haven’t got your ticket already they are on sale at the bar!!!!
- Grand Prize Draw – In the past we have had a raffle for those attending the Christmas dinner, however as all the proceeds from this Grand Prize Draw will go into the court resurfacing fund we’ve decided to start selling tickets early (available at the bar), that way it’s hoped that all members can enter and contribute. We have a number of prizes already (see the prizes poster to be displayed on the notice board), however if members could gift some prizes to help push this further that would be greatly appreciated – something small or something big like a week’s use of your villa in Barbados!! or a week in your caravan at Skegness or a bottle of something – anything would be great!! Please see Steve or the bar staff to donate.
- Christmas Fun Doubles – Sunday 15th December 10.30 to 1.00. See attached poster for full information.
- Refreshed Notice Boards – These will be fully updated on Monday and provide information on all that’s going on at the club. Please take time to have a look and remove the meeting minutes etc. to read whilst having a coffee in reception – but please put them back before you go!
- Updated website – If you haven’t had a look at our website lately, please take a look. Andy has been actively updating over the past few weeks and it’s really informative with up to date information for all. This is just the start of our Social Media actions, lots more to follow………
- Sunday mornings – This is generally a quiet time at the club but for those wishing to enjoy a cooked breakfast at the weekend Karen is serving up between 10am and 1pm including a tea or coffee for £5 – just the way to finish off a tennis session!!
- Tuesday Club Nights – It’s early days but (given the appalling weather we’ve had lately) signs are encouraging, it would be great to see some more members joining us 6pm onwards every Tuesday.
- Members questions & suggestions – We would love to get feedback and ideas from members, unfortunately my outgoing emails to all members from this address does not allow the recipients to just press “reply” so if you would like to get in touch you will have to create a new email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email Steve at email@example.com